Wednesday, May 12, 2010

LFW S/S 2010

This should've been written months ago (in Feb to be specific) but since I've only just returned to my beloved blog, here we are.There's so much I can say about my first EVER London Fashion Week, Well, me first EVER fashion week full stop!

The S/S 2010. So much that it would be very hard to know what to say or where to start. I mean here I was in the midst of one of the most important fashion events in the world, jaw dropping and completely in awe when I realised this could never be something I do full time.

There's something to be said about getting too close to something you love, you get to see the nitty grittys; the not so glamorous side of it. When you're there you become too close to the actual putting together of the event, the dealing with models, seating arrangements, the press, the egos and the ridiculous amount of pretentious people all trying t get in and all trying to look like they belong ( I know I'm very safe in that category because I very much DID NOT look like I belonged at all!) The thing that struck me the most is how very VERY serious most of the people I met are about themselves and fashion.

But what did I expect this is LFW it's not the World Economic Forum (not that the latter doesn't enjoy it's fair share of pretenders and wannabes as well!) and they are both very serious events within their right.

This is not at all to say that I didn't enjoy London Fashion Week but I guess it was the complete outsider that is me being struck by all this ...hmmm..sartorialism shall we say. There were so many great looks on and off the catwalk. I managed to get really nice photographs and this one just below has got to be my favourite.

This cool fashionisto works in fashion production. I couldn't resist his Hermes bag and his D&G military jacket...Ah I WANT that JACKET!!!


Me
Me and the Alexander McQueen Tribute Wall

Fashion Blogger Katie Wright.Looove that red cape!
Rebecca
Lulu

A journalist for an Italian fashion magazine. Why can't I ever pull an outfit like that off!
Me just outside the venue at the entrance of Somerset House



Ok before I go, My favorite moments:

My first ever catwalk show. I loved every minute of it!!!!Eun Jeong's S/S 2010 collection was very true to her signature draping. I loved the necklaces hanging on the backs of the models.I loved the live music as the models walked down the runway.

At the end of the last day I saw a couple of fashionistas looking all glam and 'we're so important we're one of the event organizers' and as I was leaving I saw then take off their heels in agony and put on flats. And to make things that much better I saw them on the tube on my way home. All normal hee hee.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

seriously,,, in this pic you look like a real fasshonista with an edgy style of your own meesha... sooooooooo proud of you